- Plant lilies as soon as they arrive.
- Take care not to break off any stalks or growth that may be
on the bulb.
- Choose a sunny spot, with light, porous, sandy soil enriched with compost.
- The ideal site is one where the plants get full sun at the tops and are shaded at the soil level to keep the ground moist.
- Plant 6-8″ deep and 6″ apart in clumps of 3 or more bulbs.
- In the spring, fertilize the bulbs monthly until the plants finish blooming.
- After flowering, remove only the blooms, NOT the stems or leaves.
- Allow the foliage to die back naturally. The stalk can be cut back carefully when the foliage has died back completely.
- Hardy in zones 3-8.