- Also known as Hemerocallis
- Plant in fertile, well drained loam in full sun to light shade.
- Daylilies will grow in most soil types with adequate drainage.
- Space 24-36″ apart.
- One of the easiest perennials to grow.
- Fertilize lightly in spring when plant begins to grow.
- Water deeply once a week in hot weather.
- Deadhead daily to keep the plant looking neat.
- Divide in spring or fall when clumps become overcrowded, usually in 3-4 years.
- There are hundreds of varieties of daylilies that grow in a range of colors (except blue and pure white), forms and sizes. By choosing at least several that bloom at different times, and with different colors
and heights, you can have a colorful garden from late spring to fall.
- Grows 12-48″ tall.
- Blooms June to fall, depending on variety.
- Hardy in zones 3-9.